Honoring the Earth Today and Everyday
Take time to reflect on the health of the planet and what we can do to take better care of our one and only home. Here at the Pachamama Alliance, we believe that it is important to be thinking about the Earth not just today, but each and every day.
To celebrate what this day means to us, we partnered with two amazing women, Alixa Garcia and Naima Penniman, who together make up the powerhouse duo called Climbing PoeTree.
In their powerful spoken poetry, Alixa and Naima pay tribute to the Earth, and call on each one of us to do the same.
"...hold a mirror to your heart. What does it reflect? What will be the message of the legacy we've left? We were born right now for a reason. We can be whatever we give ourselves the power to be, and right now we need dream weavers, bridge builders, soothsayers, light bearers, food growers, wound healers, trail blazers, life lovers, peace makers..."
What will you choose to be as you walk on this precious planet that so desperately needs us to care for her the way she has always cared for us?
Join The Pachamama Alliance and Climbing PoeTree in taking a stand for Earth. Commit to making every day Earth Day for a thriving, just, and sustainable world that works for all life.
Engage with Our Earth Day Actions & Programs:
- Pachamama Alliance Staff members will speak at the Spring of Sustainability Telesummit TODAY »
- Watch Bill Twist's Earth Day message »
- Join Bill Twist and David Korten on April 28th for their telesummit talk Living Earth and the Human Presence Upon It
- Interested in moving away from a society that values consumption and competition over sustainability, justice, and fulfillment for all? Take our Awakening the Dreamer Symposium! Find one near you or take it online »
- If you've taken the Awakening the Dreamer Symposium and are ready for the next step, check out our groundbreaking Game Changer Intensive course » designed to educate, inspire, and equip you as an agent of change